India has only 1% of cars in the world but 11% of accidents only happen in India which will make India the No1 country in the cause of accidents. In India 4 to 5 lakhs accidents happen in a year of which 1 lakhs to 2 lakhs accidents happen by trucks. Truck accidents cause more death rate than any other accidents. The main reasons why truck accidents happen are overspending, overloading, drunk driving, and sleep while driving. We see that when a truck hit a small vehicle like a car the public will be angry and beat the truck driver. The contribution of truck drivers in these accidents is more than that of police, RTO, and truck owners How do RTO and Traffic Police take a bribe of 48000 crores every year from these truck drivers?
The road transportation industry is the shareholder of 3.2% of the Indian economy. Road transportation is the backbone of India. Trucks have a high contribution to the Indian economy with things trucks have also a higher contribution to road accidents. Now we can discuss the main reason for truck accidents in India.
- No1. Overspending:-
- Overspending is the main reason for truck accidents in India. 41% of truck accidents happen by overspending. In India, only 6% drive own their truck, and 94% of drivers do jobs in truck companies the salary range of truck drivers in India is only 10k to15k. Some companies issue bonuses when the truck comes on time. This is why truck accidents happen in India.
- No2. Tiredness and sleep while driving:-
- There are no rules set for driving hours in India. Most truck drivers sleep only for 3 to 4 hours a day. One truck driver claimed that he drive his truck for 3 days without any rest. When a driver sleeps less than 10 seconds on the steering wheel his truck goes above 140m without any assistance. It causes a dangerous accident.
- No3. Drunk driving:-
- Drunk driving is also a reason for accidents. Drivers claims with the help of intoxication they would be able to drive a long distance without rest and sleep. It also affects the driver’s health and ways of driving.
- No4. Overloading:-
- When we see a flip truck on road we instantly know that the truck is overloaded. Almost every truck driver in India drives an overloaded vehicle. With the overloading truck’s center of gravity shifts up it cause most accidents. overload truck is very hard to control at high speed. The 90% of Indian truck drivers drive’s overloaded vehicle.
- No5. RTO corruption:-
- All the RTO and traffic police are corrupt. RTO and Traffic Police take a bribe of 48000 crores every year from these truck drivers. The report shows that truck drivers give Bribes to police on every trip. Truck drivers said that they don’t be afraid of the violence of rules because they know that they will give Bribes to the police. There are many reasons to give Bribes to the police like overspeeding, overloading, wrong side parking, etc.